Areas of expertise
Interim management, business growth and exit strategy advisor to technology, health care and services industries
Mark Palmer focuses on the discovery and execution of the next steps to achieving your overall objective. He leads his clients to find the small incremental steps, executed in the right order to accomplish revolutionary results.
Mark is passionate about strong Execution. He invests sufficient time upfront to understand the objective and the context to enable such execution. Then he intervenes to make a difference, one hour at a time. Clients descriptions of his expertise include success coach, excuse remover, accountability partner, empowerment coach.
He has a broad, "mistake-based" experience – a career of over three decades of fixing both his mistakes and the mistakes of others. He believes that the greatest learnings come from mistakes. His professional career includes:
• 15 years of Coaching leaders of fast growing organization
• Succesful exit strategies
• 6 board positions
• 6 interim executive positions
• overall 22 leadership positions of transforming underperforming teams to peer leadership. Titles include CEO, COO, VP Sales and IT director
Holistic approach – considers the executions and interactions of the company’s values, business propositions, revenue generation, expenses, customers, employees and cash. The approach minimizes the impact of unintended consequences
• An understanding of the foundation (client goals, situation analysis, resources)
• An understanding of the limiting/enabling factors to the next step
• A plan of the small achievable steps to execute to be achieve one’s goals
• Provide the tools for a sustainable improvement process.
• Build a plan to achieve the goals and define the processes necessary to sustain progress
Publications and Other Credentials
Co-author of “Sales Management 2.0 - Managing in the Sales 2.0 Environment”, Mark also writes for Effective Sales Leadership Daily. He is an active member of Association of Interim Executives as well as Turnaround Management Association.
Mark’s 48-year journey of living with a brain injury enabled him to offer an experiential based perspective while undertaking a project “Realistic Hope - Aspirations Beyond a Traumatic Brain Injury” where he worked with others who had experienced some form of brain injury and/or were trying to help those who had experienced the same. Very passionate about this cause, Mark went on to write a book and regularly writes articles and blogs on related topics.
Over the last few years, Mark has served the non-profit community with leadership roles and board positions at The United Way of Santa Barbara, Nonprofit Support Centre, Jodi House, Blue Marble Rehabilitation and Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics. In addition, he is the Designated Subject Matter Expert of the Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA).
A series of 1-hour online meetings over a specific period of time. A typical engagement would be bi-weekly meetings for a 90-day period of time. The outcome of each meeting is an agreed upon action(s) necessary to accomplish the goal.
• Visus, LLC - Software Development Company
• Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics - Federally Qualified Health Clinic
• Citrix On-Line - Cloud Based Services
• Blue Marble Game company - Games for Rehabilitation