Areas of expertise
Airlines/Air Transport/Aviation, Business process improvement/Identifying productivity and profit opportunities
After an airline industry career, serving as a corporate officer at major and specialty US airlines in finance, planning, marketing, services and IT roles, in 1993, Mann founded and since then has operated as the Principal of this airline and travel industry analysis and consulting firm, specializing in the identification, development and implementation of 'leapfrog' structural improvements to productivity, operations, process and distribution efficiency, resulting in improved client service perceptions and profitability.
He has conducted more than one hundred and twenty client engagements and has experience with more than 80 firms on five continents, including numerous long-term, on-site, productivity identification and implementation engagements, including major carrier restructurings, on-site shadow management, business process change, and facilitating constructive management/labor dialogue, engagement and partnerships.
His prime areas of expertise include:
- industry economics, including regional flying impact
- competitive and alliance strategy analysis
- marketing, planning, business intelligence, customer value management strategy
- electronic distribution; traditional global distribution system and internet/new media channels
- identification and realization of 'leapfrog' structural process and operations productivity opportunities
We never forget that people working together towards well-articulated goals is the key to airline and service industry success; technology helps, but people provide the "moments of truth".
Specialties: R.W. Mann & Company provides breakthrough productivity opportunity identification/analysis and airline planning and economics oriented consulting services to airline management, aircraft manufacturers, principal investors and employee groups, as well as to counsel (expert testimony) and aviation industry-related firms. For twenty years until its acquisition by Amadeus IT Holding s.a., he served as an independent Director of Airline Automation, Inc., now Amadeus Revenue Integrity.
Performance and Process Review, 'Leapfrog' Productivity/Performance/Profitability Opportunity Identification, Project Scoping, Recommendations, Implementation, Post-Analysis and Refinement
• United Airlines
• SkyWest Airlines
• Mesa Airlines
• America West/US Airways/American Airlines
• South African Airways
• South African Airways Express
• Alaska Airlines
• Hawaiian Airlines
• Amadeus IT Holding
• American Express
• U.S. Secretary of Transportation
• U.S. FAA Administrator
• Transport Canada
• Airline Automation, Inc.
• Aviation Management Services
• Numerous engagements at the U.S. National Mediation Board on behalf of clients, including service as a principal economics witness at Presidential Emergency Board #233