Areas of expertise
Creativity, Innovation, Strategic Alignment
David Lee is an innovative, collaborative leader and entrepreneur, and an expert in individual, team, and organizational creativity – someone who can lead people to create something wonderful out of raw ideas. He is co-founder and co-chairperson of the What IF Festival of Innovation and Imagination, the annual event drawing over 30,000 people to downtown Colorado Springs to celebrate our individual and community creativity and innovation. David also teaches Individual and Team Creativity to College of Business students at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. He's consulted with companies of all sizes or over 21 years.
Some of his other accomplishments include:
• Founding Principal at Strategic Perspectives LLC, a strategic management consultancy specializing in creativity from the employee out, strategic innovation, and cross-organizational collaboration and processes.
• Founder and President of Prominent Practices, a startup offering software, tools, and coaching to help mental health practitioners and others grow their practices; and
• Founder of the Pikes Peak Consultant’s Roundtable, a successful non-profit association of business-owner consultants.
• Founder of the FACCMasters (Fun Advancing Communication in Colorado) Toastmasters Club.
In his consulting practice since 1992, David has implemented and led projects on strategic management and innovation/creativity for companies of all sizes. David’s consulting approach emphasizes quick and objective assessment of the client’s organizational and human/cultural systems, uniquely designed solutions, and a bias toward action. Emphasizing client participation at the point of maximum leverage, he works side-by-side with client personnel to make changes in a way that doesn't cause unexpected results elsewhere and assures changes persevere after the conclusion of the project. David is also known for his workshops and presentations on individual creativity and on using the “power of perspective” for both personal and organizational development.
Typical engagements range from workshops and training to large projects depending on client's situation.
Sampling of clients:
• Getty Images
• Fruit of the Loom
• Imprimis, Inc.
• Lifespan Counseling
• Pikes Peak Children's Museum