Your executive team should be much more than the sum of its parts. Sadly, in many Hawaii organizations, a few dysfunctional behaviors or team members severely limit the potential of the entire executive team. Craig works with senior executive teams in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors to:
1. Build a foundation of trust
2. Breakdown departmental silos and territorial behavior
3. Resolve conflicts/ communication breakdown which prevent executive collaboration
4. Align the entire executive team to drive change initiatives
Craig follows a 6-step methodology to improve Executive Team performance:
1. 1-on-1 with CEO to understand organizational context and evaluate mutual fit
2. If their is mutual fit and a strong commitment to outside intervention, Craig proceed to get the CEOs perspective on individual members of senior management team and establish success criteria for the coaching engagement
3. A team kickoff of the coaching engagement to explain the coaching need and process to entire team
4. Administer Birkman behavioral assessment, followed up with 1-on-1 with each team member
5. Offsite for 1-3 days where the executive team works on their strategic agenda and their development
6. Regroup to evaluate progress against the success criteria established at the start of the engagement
Clients have an option to continue with further work on conflict management, effective management meetings, 1-on-1 coaching with CEO/ individual executives.
Craig Chong, Professional Certified Coach, has coached executive teams of several well recognized Hawaii organizations including Hawaiian Electric, HMSA, JN Automotive, City Mill, to name a few.