Areas of expertise
Risk management, Fair lending and CRA compliance, data analysis
Seasoned professional with more than 30 years of experience and substantial knowledge of the financial services industry. Experience highlighted by rapid increase in responsibility and rank in large national banks including Vice President at Chemical Bank (now JPMorgan Chase) and Director at Robert Morris Associates, and over 20 years of experience as a consultant providing subject matter expertise to numerous banks and institutions of varying size and market focus. Specializes in consumer and small business banking. Expertise in process improvement, strategic marketing, risk management – retail lending, fair lending & CRA compliance, project management, small business banking product development, and data analysis.
SCHOENKIN GROUP INC., Lincoln, NE 1994 - Present
President & Senior Consultant
Independent management consultant providing subject matter expertise to financial services institutions and other firms to analyze, address, and solve their critical needs.
Analyzes clients’ current processes and procedures to identify inefficiencies, inaccuracies, and other issues, and develops changes and improvements designed to streamline, automate and/or better implement current processes. Manages and directs all enhancements and changes required, following through to full implementation.
The following is a sample of completed assignments:
(see website for additional detail)
• Designed a relationship management system.
• Replaced a residential mortgage lender’s manual and error prone system with an automated compensation and incentive program.
• Designed and implemented enhancements for a not-for-profit affordable housing developer’s limited system.
• Developed market-driven strategic and tactical initiative for small business division.
Risk Management – Retail Lending:
• Created and implemented a risk management system for a consumer lending department.
Fair Lending & CRA Compliance:
• Developed process and procedures to analyze banking client data and evaluate key variables to assess adherence to regulations and help client pro-actively identify areas of risk.
Small Business Banking Development:
• Managed an initiative to implement and roll out a small business unit at a regional bank.
• Data mining and analysis.
• Analytical expertise for legal firms.
ROBERT MORRIS ASSOCIATES, Philadelphia, PA (1993 – 1994)
Director of Information Products and Technology
CHEMICAL BANK (now JPMorgan Chase), New York, NY (1986 - 1993)
CITICORP INVESTMENT BANK, New York, NY (1982 - 1986)
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN – MADISON
MBA in Finance, Investments and Banking - 1981
Scope, duration, and cost of an engagement are dependent upon the goals and objectives of the specific project; outlined in preliminary project proposal subject to discussions with client.
Client references available upon request.