Areas of expertise
Telemedicine, Electronic medical records, Medical tourism
Ed Stephenson is a healthcare executive with broad experience working with hospitals, managed care organizations, physician groups and government agencies. He has held key executive level positions in both private and public sector organizations.
In 1994, Mr. Stephenson established ECS International, Inc., where he has been the CEO and Principal Consultant. His consulting activities have focused on assisting healthcare providers, organizations and government agencies both in the Caribbean and in the USA in accessing medical equipment, creating joint ventures, conducting feasibility studies and business plans, and referring patients from the Caribbean to Miami, Florida for stereotactic radiosurgery services.
Internationally, he has traveled to South Africa and Zimbabwe as the healthcare representative on the trade mission from the Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce where he successfully developed trade linkages to the U.S. healthcare industry with their African counterparts. In the Caribbean, he successfully coordinated the development of the only HMO in the English-speaking Caribbean.
Mr. Stephenson is currently an Adjunct Professor in the Master of Public Health program at Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He is also an advisor on the MPH Program Steering Committee. His academic credentials include a Master of Public Health in health administration and health planning from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA; a Master of Social Work in Community Health from Howard University in Washington, D.C.; and a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Long Island University in Brooklyn, New York.
Duration and cost of an engagement depends on the scope of work, identified during the initial consultation.
• Central Medical Center St. Louis, MO
• Cyberknife Center of Miami Miami, FL
• Department of Health & Rehabilitation Services, District Eleven Miami, FL
• Ferrier-Harris Home For The Aged St. Louis, Mo
• Jamaican Ministry of Health Kingston, Jamaica
• Life Of Jamaica (Sagicor) Kingston, Jamaica
• Mercy Hospital Miami, FL
• Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Davie, FL
• People’s Clinic St. Louis, MO
• South Florida Hospital & Healthcare Association Miami, FL
• South Palm Ambulatory Surgery Center Boca Raton, FL
• Winchester Surgical & Medical Institute Kingston, Jamaica