Areas of expertise
Process Improvement, Performance Management, Exit Planning
Stephen Tillotson is a Strategy/Management Consultant adept at managing multiple locations and applying Lean Six Sigma principles to cost management, organizational effectiveness, financial planning and analysis, systems development, continuous improvement, managing critical-to-success factors and fostering employee development will contribute to client or employer’s long-term sustainability and bottom-line growth.
BUSINESS ADVISORY SERVICES
Build value for business owners by increasing earnings, improving performance to support growth, and positioning companies for sale at their best price/terms. We work with closely held private companies with up to $20 million annual sales.
This questionnaire and report helps business owners understand their business value as seen by prospective buyers. The summary report and score is FREE. A full report, including a valuation range and one hour consultation, is available for $149.
LEAN SIX SIGMA
The LEAN method of process improvement is based on maximizing customer value while minimizing waste. SIX SIGMA is a disciplined, data-driven methodology for eliminating defects - the method used by Toyota and Catepillar to build top quality into every product. Lean SixSigma is the key methodology used by Cascadia Business Consultants to re-engineer and refine processes and systems to continually improve quality, reduce waste and increase earnings.
BUYSELLBIZBLOG - Valuable insights, tips and information about building your business and creating greater value in anticipation of a sale.
Engagements are governed by a Scope of Work agreement which defines project objectives, deliverables, time frames, Guaranteed Not To Exceed pricing, terms and payment schedules.
We have served over 140 clients in the past 12 years. Here is a list of a few of our most recent clients:
• Promotional services company startup - Business plan and $2.3M capital raise support to launch a global online community and television show which promotes new entertainers and luxury goods.
• Minibus transportation startup - Business plan and capital raise to start a private transportation company in Congo, Africa.
• Integrated poultry processor startup – Business plan and $2.5M capital raise support to build 28 poultry processing plants and establish a poultry and feed farmer co-op in five west African countries.
• Minimart relocation – Business plan to support relocation to new downtown Seattle venue.
• Restaurant acquisition – price, terms conditions and financial due diligence to buyer.
• Dog daycare startup - Business plan, proforma financials and investor presentation. 6 mo
• Golf accessories startup - Business plan and investor presentation, PowerPoint & script.
• Nano-technology startup – Interim Director of Business Development, Financial Planning & Analysis - Update business plan, financial analysis, business development support, investor and lender presentations, oversee accounting and financial reporting.
• Automotive repair company – Cash flow management plan, financial analysis & forecasting, continuous improvement, cost savings, business valuation.
• Senior in-home care provider – Develop an eLearning website + content for 24 continuing education courses to meet state certification requirements for home care aides.
• Nano-technology startup company – Developed the business plan and supporting financial projections, Angel/VC pitches and supporting PowerPoint presentations for an emerging clean technology company.
• Self-improvement seminar company – Startup in Seattle area with licensees in Canada. Strategic and financial business plans, disclosure documents for franchise application, standard operating procedures, marketing, social media and online community, prepared business plan, cash management and disclosures for intrastate stock offering.
• Gas & oil services company – Spun off trucking company and a roustabout services company in southeastern New Mexico, including continuing improvement, management and finance support to seller and buyer.
• Senior in-home care provider – Turnaround, negotiated IRS payment plan, implemented cash management system, continuous improvement, successful 400% growth strategy.
• Adult incontinence products company – Turnaround, negotiated vendor payment plans, implemented cash management system, successful 200%+ growth strategy.