'Tis the season to be jolly. If you're seeking ideas on how to ease into the holiday season and lessen your stress, read on for 5 Tips to Beat Your Holiday Stress!
1. Recognize your holiday stress triggers: A stress trigger is an incident that causes either a negative physical (e.g., headache, cold, or pain) or emotional response (e.g., anxiety, insomnia, or sadness). What are your holiday triggers? A dreaded encounter or concerns about holiday travel?
2. Be willing to let go of past resentments: Once you've identified your triggers, consider viewing them from a NEW perspective. If you're already dreading an encounter, try imagining that your experience will NOT be negative.
3. Seek out lower-cost holiday options: If your trigger is your finances, be honest with yourself and your team or colleagues about what you can and cannot take on this year.
4. Tune in to your holiday self-talk: We all have a running script of "self-talk." These can be unconscious thoughts about finances, relationships, or 2015 goals that occur when you're stressed or overwhelmed.
5. Give yourself holiday ME-TIME: With the hustle and bustle, it can be easy to forget your needs. Build time into your holiday schedule just for you.
For more insight into this topic, read more from Coach Colette at: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20141125184850-2264416-5-tips-to-beat-holiday-stress Read Full Post